The Behavioral Health Career Pathway Work Team develops and implements strategies to:
- Identify and advance career pathways in Behavioral Health.
- Address the needs of healthcare employers by increasing the training capacity for Behavioral Health from certificate, degree, and licensure training programs.
The Team will have achieved its purpose when:
- Participating employers are able to fill (250+) needed behavioral health positions; and
- Local residents have increased opportunity to pursue and advance in behavioral health careers.
- Develop strategies to advance Behavioral Health pathways and improve regional hiring and retention of individuals in varying levels of Behavioral Health occupations
- Develop systems to train and support career advancement
- Pursue innovative solutions that address training and employment barriers
- Actively participate as a productive team member
- Track Behavioral Health-related training programs
- Map Behavioral Health training capacity in the Northern San Joaquin Valley
- Track trends in Behavioral Health careers
- Establish curricula understanding across participating educational institutions to meet Behavioral Health employment qualifications
- Develop outreach and recruitment strategy between educational/training programs and Behavioral Health employment opportunities
- Review Behavioral Health employment descriptions to reflect current minimum qualifications, desired qualifications, and opportunities for experience equivalency